Saturday 31 January 2009

The Gate In The Wood - Episode 55

GD: Sir Gordon Duffied, Chief Executive, how may I help you ?

FA: Gweetings bwuvva. Tell Wima my name's Fergus not Edward.

GD: Good morning Sir Fergus. Congratulations on a fine performance against Aalborg. Looks as if you've got the group in the bag and the Jungle Jims will be out of Europe before the lights are on in George Square.

FA: Vewy eawy days, Gawdon. I was wondewing if you would care to join me for wunch tomowwow. I'm on a weconnaisance mission at Celtic Park.

GD: I wouldn't eat there even if you were paying.

FA: No, I've booked a table in the Wogano - seafood is the speciawity; pwawns, wangoustines, wobster, scawwops, the wowld is your... er .... oyster.

GD: Sounds good, what time ?

FA: Need to be vewy earwy, say eweven ferty ?

GD: It's a date.

FA: Have you got a sponsor for the Scottish Cup yet ?

GD: I'm currently in talks with Sir Murray David of David International Diamond Drill Yieldings.

FA: Muwway's a vewy good fweind of mine. I will twy and pull a few stwings on your behalf. OK, see you tomowwow, Gawdon.

GD: Bye, Sir Fergus

Duffield thinks to himself 'Thank goodness it's a seafood restaurant as I'm reeking of this macaroon essence and it does have a rather fishy niff to it.'

1 comment:

Estadio Nacional said...

'I've booked a table in the Wogano - seafood is the speciawity; pwawns, wangoustines, wobster, scawwops, the wowld is your... er .... oyster.'

Bwilliant.


Sack Duffield.