Saturday 31 January 2009

The Gate In The Wood - Episode 52

Girl Talk

Bank's tearoom, lunchtime, October 2, 2008

Boynita: So that cad, Dougal Stuart, ditched you as well ?

Catriona: Yes, he blew the whistle on me. I think he done us up like a pair of kippers,less the..... er.... smell, of course. He set us up against each other, Boyne, and now he gets to play the field again.

Boyn: Not if I can help it, he won't.

Cat: Can we be friends again, Boyne ?

Boyn: I'm not so sure, Catriona. You let me down pretty badly. When did you and that creep Dougal Stuart split up ?

Cat: Oh, just the other night - he graciously phoned to tell me it was all over, said he was off to the continent to officiate at some European match.

Boyn: Probably Hamburg or Amsterdam. Anyway I hope he stays there for good. I received a strange phone call myself last night...

Cat: Pray tell.....

Boyn: Do you know Mr Nafos ?

Cat: Never heard of him. He sounds as if he's either foreign or from Shotts.

Boyn: No, he's local. I believe he puts the 'dim' in Dimsdale.

Cat: You don't half pick them, Boyne !

Boyn: I didn't pick him, Cat. He's supposed to be a pal of Winston Gemmell.

Cat: Oh I know THAT one alright, cause trouble in an empty pub he would.

Boyn: Oh I really like Winst. He has a certain charm, charisma and a cute dimple on his chin.

Cat: Charisma ? Dimples ? Rumour has it that Winston Bergkamp Gemmell is one of the leading lights in the proscribed Wishaw Militia. They make The Green Brigade look like choirboys. Anyway,er..... Mr Nafos....you were saying ?

Boyn: He asked me out

Cat: Asked you out where ?

Boyn: His local, Dirgewoods. Tomorrow night.

No comments: