Friday 30 January 2009

The Gate In The Wood - Episode 41

SFA: Scottish Football Association, Wilma speaking, how much would you spend to watch Argentina ?

DS: May I speak to Bro..... er... Sir Gordon Duffield please, Wilms

W: Certainly sir

GD: Gordon Duffield, Chief Executive, how may I assist you ?

DS: ' morning, Sir Gordon. Are you looking forward to the weekend's fixture at Easter Road ?

GD: I've never had much time for Hibs, Dougal, it's always a trcky place to visit, a notorious venue.

DS: Oh I'm sure we'll get there in the end

GD: I sincerely hope so. Anyway how can I help you Dougal ?

DS: Just a small favour regarding the CIS Cup quarter-final draw..

GD: Home to Hamilton - it could have been less favourable, Dougal.

DS: Yes, but there's always the banana-skin factor. Remember Adrian Sprott ?

GD: Of course I do, how could I forget - a rancid blemish on our unblemished and dignified history.

DS: Well I'd like to offer my services, ensure there are no hiccups on the night.

GD: If you get a quarter you can't get a semi.

DS: Have you been talking to Boynita ?

No comments: