Sunday 11 January 2009

The Gate In The Wood - Episode 7

WG: Gentlemen of the parish - this here is my friend and confidante, Boynita. Boynita, may I introduce you to two of my oldest friends, Mr NAFOS and Mr Arthur Lee

NAFOS: Delighted to meet you, Boynita. Keep an eye on your purse when you're in the clutches of Winning Gemmell

SOAL: Aw right, Boynita. Yi oan yir lunch brek ?

Boyn: Oh, I've an hour to spare. Winston invited me over for a drink before I go back to work. Be a darling, Winst

NAFOS: Winst ?

WG: All will be explained in good time. Now, whit's yir poison bhoays ?

SOAL: Hus Boynita delivered yir lottery winnings or sumthin ? Aye - Ah'll hae a Coors in a Carling gless

WG: NAFOS, yir drink of choice ?

NAFOS: Tinnints in a Carling gless

WG: Ah'll bi hivin a Harviestoun's Gemme Burd n if Ah play ma cairds right mibbe mair thin wan [winks at Boynita who smiles demurely] Boyn, what would you care for, princess ?

Boyn: Oh see him and that silver tongue of his. G & T, Winst. Ice and a slice. In fact make it a double. To hell with poverty.

WG heads to the bar (uncharted waters)


NAFOS: So WG tells me you've only recently arrived in ML2 ?

Boyn: Yes, just last month. I was promoted from the Larkhall branch back in August.

SOAL: ML9? Ah'm surprised you and WG git oan say well. He's a bit ay a fanatical Jungle Jim, ye know

Boyn: Yes, he's alluded to his faith already but he's not really mentioned the footy so far. Anyway I'm not even from Larkhall, I only worked there.

NAFOS: So where DO you hail from , Boynita, and tell me, does Boynita have a surname ?

Boyn: I come from Kilwinning and my surname is Duffield. My father's some..........er....bigwig in the SFA

NAFOS: Boynita, you have just made me the happiest man in the Kingdom of Lanarkshire

No comments: