Monday 28 May 2007

Something Odd About Celtic

A quick and hopefully accurate glance at the record books indicates that Celtic are more likely to win the Scottish Cup in an odd year (22 out of 34) and the league championship in an even year (25 out of 41). I was perhaps expecting that the ratios for each competition would be pretty even but there are definite swings for each. For a knock-out cup competition Celtic's success rate in the Scottish Cup actually beggars belief. I'm so proud of my team.

Double Winners 2007.

3 comments:

Ulysses McGhee said...

In a vain, and probably fruitless attempt at something normal and sober, I am off to the 'Time Capsule' with my 5 year old daughter to submerse myself in a liquid that will have the opposite effect of all the other liquids I have met this fine, long weekend.

It's right about... now that the brighter of the darnel are realising, after the dust settles on McElroy's piece and Bazza's ruminations on PLG, that they have won nothing. That a pyrric victory no matter how worded is just a mathematical truth rewritten - 10% of nothing is nothing.

Double Champions.

Fact.

winningemmell said...

Uly -

wunderbar, sick and we know they are.....

The Spirit of Arthur Lee said...

up the Rams