Tuesday 8 May 2007

Mothers In Mire

It just might happen.

Motherwell have been dragged into the relegation battle and need a single point to escape the drop. I pray they miss the point. The late goal and point we conceded to them at Myrrh Park shortly after Christmas is now boring a hole through my brain. I hope we do not live to regret that one especially as the concession fell into the Keystone Cops category. Evidently I have no great love for St Mirren or Dunfermline given their recent flirtations with the darnelists but I'd much rather both survived in the top flight than the local zeros. Fingers crossed.

Congratulations to ML2 Celtic fan, John Higgins, on his snooker world championship success. Those who know me know I have no great love for the game (I think 'sport' is pushing it) but John's victory is good for Wishaw and further positive publicity for the town and,by association, Celtic. Hopefully he'll give us a glimpse of his trophy on Saturday at Paradise. Success breeds success. The more silverware we see in G40 the better for all concerned.

8 comments:

Celtic_First said...

The JJB question requires an answer.

As our man on the ground, you have to find out from wee Higgy what the hell he's playing at.

What next? Sponsorship by the famous legal firm Findlay, Knox, Paisley and Calvin?

Plus, Higgy said he was going to celebrate with a glass of champagne. This proves that he's not really from Wishaw.

winningemmell said...

Sellik First -

He's as ML2 as you can get. His granda still lives in Craigneuk at the age of 93.

JJB remains an issue and I'll dig him up when I next bump into him (or more likely his brother). There were all manner of ML2ers visible in the Crucible VIP area last night. I wonder if there's any drink left.

I'd dearly love the mothers to go down.

Spread The Faith

Ulysses McGhee said...

3 teams I would love to see go down. Just a question of who garners the most hatred from me. The men from Paisley (Culture's neighbour) rate least on my hate-o-meter. That leaves the team with the blind goalie and the 'family final faves'

What would give me the clearest, most glorious, unrepentant charge of schadenfreud would be the ML1ers going down.

I would laugh. And laugh. And laugh.

winningemmell said...

Ulysses -

join the queue, I would weep tears of jhoy. If people think WGS has lost the dressing room then be assured Malpas definitely has at Myrrh Park. Players wish to leave there en bloc and I have that on very good authority.

They'll probably survive but I hope not.

Curly said...

WG -

Can we not simply relegate all the other teams (all the losers, that is), and start afresh with the likes of St. Johnstone, Clyde, etc from the 1st Division?

Just a wee thought from a wee brain from AB53.

Curly

winningemmell said...

Curly -

I'm ever open to blue sky thinking........

Curly said...

WG -

I have taken the liberty of linking your Palace of Pleasure to my wee Hoose (blog).

Feel free to do the same.

Don't know about the "blue sky thinking", could it not be "green grass thinking"?

winningemmell said...

Curly -

no probs


She Comes In Colors - Love
Green Is The Colour - Pink Floyd